Backup is the your system rescue when facing a device damage situation. No matter how you change your system, you can eventually return to where it started. Data can be restored, so you don’t have to worry about losing data if the gateway is damaged.
Terncy app, backup and restore feature is already supported.
If you want to back up and restore HomeKit data, refer to the article Backup and Restore of HomeKit data.
* Note: This feature is only supported on home center v3.0.15 or above, and Terncy app v2.3.3 or above.
* The backup contains scenes, devices, device names, rooms, and automation in the Home Center.
* Backup data from one home center can be restored to other home centers.
How to create a backup
- In the Terncy app, choose the “Me” tab, and choose “data backup”;
- Tap the “➕” button , choose the home center that you want to backup, and tap “Next”.
* Note: when you need to create backup for a Home Center group, it’s recommended to select the “virtual Home Center” instead of each individual Home Center. So that the backup will contain all data in the system.
- After the backup complete, please enter a description, and tap “complete” in the upper right corner to save the backup.
- The created backup data will be displayed in the backup list.
How to restore data from a backup
- Tap the “Data restore” button on the data backup details page, choose the home center that you want to restore, and tap “Next”.
- Tap the “OK” button, waiting for the restore to complete.
- After the restore successful, some offline devices may need to be added again.
How to save and use backup data more reliably
Note: The backup data is saved on the mobile phone by default, so it will not be found when you login to your account with another mobile phone or uninstall Terncy app. In order to prevent the loss of backup data, you can save the data with share data feature, saving it to Mail, WeChat, Google Drive, github and other more reliable storages.
Tap the “Save to…” button on the data backup details page, choose the way you want to save.
After successful sharing, if you want to use the backup data on the new mobile phone, you can do the following:
1.Locate the backup file, tap “Open in Other App”, select “Terncy”.
- The backup file will be imported and highlighted in Terncy app’s “Data backup” page.